Click to call

January -June 2012 —Visual outcome results

The clearest evidence of any surgeon’s skill is his or her results. We have done a retrospective analysis of patients who have undergone laser surgery at  Laser Vision Clinic Central Coast in between January to June 2012. We’re justly proud of our laser eye surgery results, which compares well with some of the largest refractive centres worldwide. Click here for a detailed report

Below is the summary of our results:

2 types of surgery, namely LASIK and ASLA/LASEK have been performed on all these eyes for the correction of ametropia(short sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism) and presbyopia.

  • Patients with a wide age range of 21-60 years underwent laser refractive surgery
  • 92% of our patients last year had LASIK and the remaining 8% underwent surface ablation (ASLA/LASEK).
  •  Results showed an outstanding 85.3% of all patients achieved 6/6 (20/20) or better unaided vision (that is, without needing any glasses or contact lens correction) and 94% achieved 6/9 (20/32) or better unaided vision. These are better than the Australian driving requirement standard of 6/12 (20/40).
  • 98% of patients achieved within +/- 1 dioptre of the intended target refractive result

Our patient post-operative visual outcome results comparable favourably to those from a large series from the Singapore National Eye Centre which published results in 2010 of laser refractive surgery carried out to almost 38,000 eyes of almost 20,000 patients over a 10 year period. About 73% of their patients achieved 6/6 or better unaided vision, about 90% achieved 6/9 or better unaided vision and 93% of their patients achieved +/- 1 dioptre of the intended target refractive result.


Posted: August 29, 2012

Login